Monday, March 17, 2008

Musical Construction

This is a picture of our back yard. No, they're not putting in a pool--I wish they were! They're widening the drainage ditch that runs through the yard.



Notice how few men are working on it right now. That's because they're too busy...



getting ice cream from the ice cream truck.



The ice cream truck went through the neighborhood last week, too. The kids and I were playing in the back yard at the time (dodging construction equipment). Perry heard the infamous music and wandered toward it, like a bug toward light. This was his first experience with the ice cream truck so he just wanted to find out where the music was coming from. I had to call him back--but not before the truck driver saw us, stopped in front of our house, and then realizing we weren't going to buy any of its wares, slowly drove away.

Perry said, "Did you hear that truck making music? Was that so silly?"

"Yes, I heard it, it was so silly."

"Why was it making music?"

"Um... Yes, I heard it, it was so silly."

I didn't want to lie, but I didn't really want to tell the truth either.

No comments: